top of page

Need help paying your energy bills?

We understand that sometimes it can be difficult to pay your energy bills, but assistance may be available through a variety of resources, including the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).


LIHEAP is a federally-funded program that helps eligible low-income households pay for their home energy bills. LIHEAP may prioritize applicants based on need and income, as well as households with vulnerable populations, including the elderly, disabled and families with young children.


Other Financial Resources

MES, TVA and the Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency (UCHRA) have partnered to assist MES customers in paying their utility bills. For more information, please contact UCHRA at 931.473.6652. Be sure to tell them you are an MES customer. These funds are provided on a first come, first served basis. The UCHRA is located at 201 Locust Street #16.  Shining the Light on Your Future...Since 1939!

bottom of page